On the South wall of the chancel.
CAPTAIN JOHN COOK ROYAL NAVY
[Extract from 'St Ann's Church: A brief History' courtesy of Wendy Smith]
".....A Royal Engineer by profession, Captain Cook had seen service on HMS Mauritius that provided naval gunfire support to the Allied landings in Sicily and at Salerno. In 1949, he was the Engineer Officer on board HMS Black Swan that helped to rescue HMS Amethyst from the Yangtse River and then served in the same capacity on HMS Warrior when the first British H Bomb tests were carried out at Christmas Island in 1957.
Dom Anselm Shobroke of Alton painted the Icon."