The Arundel Street Chapel was built by the Wesleyans in 1845 and it stood on the north side of what is now Arundel Street precinct, towards the eastern end. It was bombed in World War II and the memorial, which was attached to the lectern was lost.
TO THE GLORY OF GOD
AND IN HONOURED MEMORY OF THE MEN
OF THIS CHURCH AND SUNDAY SCHOOL
WHO FELL IN THE GREAT WAR 1914-1919
ALSO IN GRATITUDE TO THOSE
WHO SERVED AND WERE SPARED TO RETURN
ERECTED BY THE MEMBERS OF THIS CONGREGATION
"BUT THE MEN WERE VERY GOOD UNTO US AND WE WERE NOT HURT
THEY WERE A WALL UNTO US BOTH BY NIGHT AND DAY"
The WEA has carried out research into the names on this memorial and have concluded that Messrs. Heaton, Goodall, Hansbrow, Margrie and Bishop were the ones who were 'spared'.